Okay, I just booked my flight to Barcelona! I’ll arrive just the evening before the intensive Spanish classes begin. Quite last-minute, but what to do; I am busy all along and can’t arrive earlier. I also still don’t have a place to stay, but this will hopefully change, before I land in BCN. I have a group of people with whom we are trying to find an apartment together. Anyway, if everything fails, I’ll take an AirBnB or sub-rent a room for a short period and start looking for housing, when I’m there. Of course, it would be better to have that item off the list as soon as possible, not to interfere with academics.
So what’s still open?
- I have to finish the last assignment of the IESE Accounting Course
- I have to complete the entire Career Course and also the Consulting Assignment
- I need a new business profile photo
- I need to finalize/update my CV and LinkedIn profile
- I need to go shopping, to be properly dressed for all the upcoming career events
- I have to start reading through my case interview preparation book and start to solve some cases. I am not sure if I can still accomplish to do that before Barcelona though, – the other tasks have priority.
And then, there are hundreds of other things, that are not directly IESE related, but have to be done before leaving the country.
I’ll leave local things like opening a bank account, getting a Spanish cell phone number, buying a moto, getting the NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjero), and whatver there is to come, for the time when I’m actually there.